commons-dev mailing list archives

From Pascal Schumacher <pascalschumac...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Empty repositories for some retired components on github
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2017 21:00:33 GMT

done: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-14867

> We should add that step to our „how to move components to dormant“ documentation
in the wiki.
https://commons.apache.org/releases/moving-to-dormant.html already
contains "Ask Infra to deactivate the git mirror <http://git.apache.org>."

Seems like the deletion is not strictly part of the disabling of the
mirror. To quote from the infra ticket:

"We have to manually remove the repos on Github if a mirror disappears since Github won't
delete it on it's own. But removed the 3 Github repos and verified we aren't mirroring anymore"

Cheers,
Pascal