commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject Re: [daemon] : fixing some general stuff
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2017 15:56:15 GMT
Hello,

I think the autoconf related files are generated by GNU tools and cannot be re-licensed. They
are not in the binary packages but they do contaminate the source archives. It is not yet
mentioned in the NOTICE file but I guess there is a ASF wide regulation for those build scripts.
Does anybody know?

Thanks for looking at the issues, would be good if you commit smaller batches more often,
since there is generally some more interest in the project currently. If you want I can help
with the Javadoc warnings?

Gruss
Bernd
--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net
________________________________
From: Amey Jadiye <ameyjadiye@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 9, 2017 4:00:08 PM
To: Commons Developers List
Subject: [daemon] : fixing some general stuff

Hi All,

I'm going through apache daemon code and trying to fix the stuff breaking
with below maven options, also would like to know if some more checks can
be added since this repo contains lot of C code.

mvn clean verify apache-rat:check clirr:check checkstyle:check
findbugs:check javadoc:javadoc

couple of things I'd like to discuss and get opinion.

#1. TESTS: No test cases present, adding some could be a good add [at least
for java code], not idea about C code.

#2. RAT : apache-rat is crying for  4 files, it is ok to add APACHE LICENSE
but I found they already have GPLv3 in them, shall we replace them, or we
need consent ?
src/native/unix/support/config.sub
src/native/unix/support/config.guess
src/native/unix/native/.indent.pro

#3. CLIRR : building good.

#4. CHECKSTYLE: Hell lot of mess, 170+ errors, but I can take them down one
by one, no big deal.

#5   FINDBUG: 4 bugs, no big deal.

#6. JAVADOC: Few bugs, again no big deal.

Regards,
Amey