commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Javen O'Neal" <one...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [lang][collections] SortedProperties
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2017 07:41:02 GMT
+1 for Lang.

There aren't any persistent data structures in Collections, nor would I
think to look in Collections to find one.

Properties is a persistent hashtable. SortedProperties is a persistent
TreeMap.

Unless you're thinking about a new family of SortedProperties. Were you
thinking about letting the user provide the Map implementation and the
SortedProperties would handle the persistence?
For example, if I wanted to persist a MultiValuedMap or a BidiMap, could I
do that?
new PersistentMap<MultiValuedMap<K, V>>();
new PersistentMap<CaseInsensitiveKeyedMap<String, Object>>();
Is there a real scenario where this would be needed?