commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject [all] Linking to sites will break or become misleading overtime.
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2017 21:45:52 GMT
Hi All,

A comment more than anything:

In our DBCP 1.7 RC2 VOTE email thread in progress now, you can read:

=============

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 1:13 PM, Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de>
 wrote:

> Build works fine with Java 1.6 and 1.8 on Windows 10. Artifacts and site
> look good.
>
> There is a bunch of checkstyle errors, especially in
> BaseResultSetHandler.java; but I assume they have been in there before,
> so not a blocker.

Yeah, if you look at
https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-dbutils/checkstyle-aggregate.html
you'll see 1104 errors.

=============

The page at the link I pasted:

https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-dbutils/checkstyle-aggregate.html

is about version 1.6 and works today but will be overwritten once we
publish 1.7 making tractability impossible.

I wish we archived sites for all releases... which would be handy when
someone is stuck to using an old version.

Then my link could have been:

https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-dbutils/1.6/checkstyle-aggregate.html

or something like that. I think a few components here and there do archive
old sites but we do not have a generic and automatic way to do that for all
components.

Gary