commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Email 1.5 Based on RC1
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2017 14:12:34 GMT
On 2017-07-30, Gary Gregory wrote:

> Branding: The RELEASE-NOTES.txt file should start with "Apache Commons
> Email Package" instead of "Commons Email Package".

I was under the impression it had been generated by the commons-build
plugin. Anyway, will fix it when I publish the release (no reason to
vote on that).

> RAT check fails with:

> Unapproved licenses:

>   src/test/resources/eml/attachment-only.eml
>   src/test/resources/eml/html-attachment-content-disposition.eml
>   src/test/resources/eml/html-attachment-encoded-filename.eml
>   src/test/resources/eml/html-attachment.eml
>   src/test/resources/eml/multipart-report.eml
>   src/test/resources/eml/multipart-text-attachment-only.eml
>   src/test/resources/eml/multipart-text-attachment.eml
>   src/test/resources/eml/outofmemory-no-header-seperation.eml
>   src/test/resources/eml/simple-reply.eml
>   src/test/resources/eml/simple.eml

The pom contains

            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.rat</groupId>
                <artifactId>apache-rat-plugin</artifactId>
                <configuration>
                    <excludes>
                        <exclude>src/test/resources/eml/*.eml</exclude>
                    </excludes>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

and RAT is prefectly happy inside the site build. How do you execute the
rat check? Comparing the POM with the one of Compress I see the plugin
is configured inside the <reporting> section for Email only, while it is
inside <build> for Compress. This may explain the difference when
running rat checks directly.

Stefan