commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons Collections moved to git
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2017 09:43:36 GMT
On 2017-07-19, Rob Tompkins wrote:

>> On Jul 19, 2017, at 8:13 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

>> On 2017-07-19, Rob Tompkins wrote:

>>> The Apache Commons Collections component has been moved to git.

>> Many thanks for doing that, Rob!

>> Are you following some kind of playbook with the git migration? If so,
>> we should add one point:

>> * edit the svn:externals property of
>>  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/trunks-proper and remove the
>>  entry for the component just migrated.

> Good point, and no playbook here. I suppose we should either:
> 1. create such a playbook, or 2. do the remainder of the repos so that
> such a playbook is no longer needed. :-)

True.

I'm all for option 1 and may find some time over the weekend to start a
page inside the wiki, based on what I recall doing back when I migrated
Compress. Given that a few things have changed since then (the
self-service stuff didn't exist) and you've done it a few times now, I
wouldn't feel bad if you beat me to it and started the page ;-)

Cheers

        Stefan