commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <brunodepau...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>
Subject Re: [Graph] the future of commons-graph and modularization
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2017 05:09:16 GMT
Hi Oliver,

>I know, I am very late to rejoin the party. :)

Happy to see some activity on [graph] again. I used the snapshot in a project once, but after
that only had to use libraries in Python and PHP, so never had time or the need to use the
project again.

>May I ask whether there is still some activity on Apache Commons Graph?

I have not seen any activity in a while (couple of years maybe?).

>Is there a GitHub mirror of Sandbox as a whole or Graph?

I don't think so. I think only proper components are currently mirror/hosted at GitHub. But
I think it would make sense to check with infra if that's possible. Let's wait to see if someone
will comment on this thread, if not we can start a new topic and ask this to others.

>What would be the required steps to make an initial release of Apache
>Commons Graph and how could I support these steps?

I think creating a multi-module project is a good idea, with a simple API and implementations
and algorithms. Then try to keep up with requests from users, bug fixes, and also work with
other projects to see if there's any interest in using, and if there are any requirements
coming from these projects.

I commented on SANDBOX-458 with some examples of use cases of graphs in ASF projects. Might
be easier to get a few ASF projects as users first.

Cheers
Bruno

________________________________
On Friday, 7 July 2017, 4:22:39 AM NZST, Oliver Kopp <kopp.dev@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> What I would like to propose to work _in a separated branch_, is
> trying to split the big monolith in smaller modules and separate APIs
> from related implementation as much as possible.

I know, I am very late to rejoin the party. :) Here some pointers, I
could reconstruct from the mails:

- current code:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/sandbox/graph/trunk/src/main/java/
- the current modularization is going on at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/sandbox/graph/branches/modularization/
- overview on alternatives to Apache Commons Graph:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANDBOX-458

According to the homepage, there is no current release:
https://commons.apache.org/sandbox/commons-graph/

May I ask whether there is still some activity on Apache Commons Graph?

Is there a GitHub mirror of Sandbox as a whole or Graph?

What would be the required steps to make an initial release of Apache
Commons Graph and how could I support these steps?

Cheers,

Oliver
--
https://github.com/koppor/