commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Tompkins <chtom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all/travis-ci] Regarding using ibmjava on travis
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2017 12:09:43 GMT

> On Jul 27, 2017, at 4:10 PM, Amey Jadiye <ameyjadiye@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Rob,
>
> If this is still pending I would like to pickup this task. If docker is not
> much  helpful OR we need to wait for it I think we should try what jacoco
> did. what do you think ?

Sure. That makes sense to me, especially since the Travis folks say that they’ve got on
the backlog to install the IBM JDKs on their build environments.

> Is it mandatory to use official java images ?Else I am also thinking to
> create my own ibmjdk8 image on top of given by IBM and have some tools and
> scrips  ready in that so on fail it should return -1.

I contributed to the official maven docker image to add the ibm jdk, but I”m not sure how
the build works out there. So I’m not sure it’s in docker hub yet.

> Not sure how much travis-ci be helpful here since I saw Pascal removed
> oraclejdk7 from .travis configuration because its not available. I'm not
> keeping much hopes on Travis  at this point as their provision on different
> jdk images seems very slow to me .

I think there was some flavour of issue with Java7 in that the image wasn’t loading properly.
It could be worth trying the jacoco approach to see if that works.

  -Rob