commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] Deploying components
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2017 11:06:14 GMT
Hello Rob,

> Am 28.05.2017 um 03:01 schrieb Rob Tompkins <chtompki@gmail.com>:
>
> Hello all,
>
> Benedikt and I were chatting last week about how the .tar and .zip distributions get
uploaded to nexus during "mvn deploy” and how annoying that side effect of the deployment
happens to be. Coincidentally, I just ran across a note that  Mladen Turk added at the end
of the commons-daemon release guide:

> https://github.com/apache/commons-daemon/blob/trunk/HOWTO-RELEASE.txt#L41-L43 <https://github.com/apache/commons-daemon/blob/trunk/HOWTO-RELEASE.txt#L41-L43>
>
> I’m thinking: (1) interesting note, knowing that the problem still exists, and (2)
I wonder if there would be community appetite for an attempt at adding better automation to
the release process. I’m betting that with a little effort we probably could improve the
release experience at least a little.

Nice catch, however I alway run clean when deploying, since I don’t want stale build artifacts
to be deployed (this happened to me once).

I’m planning to ask the maven user list on how we can improve our deployment process.

Regards,
Benedikt