commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Tompkins <chtom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PARENT][PROPOSAL] Add Automatic-Module-Name MANIFEST entry
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2017 12:00:42 GMT

> On Jun 6, 2017, at 7:48 AM, Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Rob,
>
>> Am 05.06.2017 um 15:50 schrieb Rob Tompkins <chtompki@gmail.com>:
>>

>>> On Jun 5, 2017, at 4:34 AM, Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> I’d recommend using dashes in the second part of the name, since my understanding
of points is to declare name spaces. So I’d suggest to use commons.automatic-module-name
and not commons.automatic.module.name.

>> I’m ok with re-namespacing. I’ll try to get to that after I push out the file
upload 1.3.3 release.

> Please make sure that this actually works and generates the desired MANIFEST entry. As
I’ve said in my comment to one of the commits, I don’t understand who this is supposed
to work without changing and releasing parent pom.

I was just trying to get ahead of the implied release of the parent Pom. I agree that they
do nothing until the consuming component up versions into the new parent. Maybe that's too
much pre-usefulness work?

> Cheers,
> Benedikt
>

>> -Rob
>>

>>> Benedikt

to every component pom’s properties section now, and then when the next parent migration
happens, the changes will express naturally. It might be worth adding a comment on the property
in each pom?

:-)

That

there aren’t any objections between now and then.