commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] Custom build containers in Travis-CI.
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2017 09:07:38 GMT
Hi,

> Am 15.06.2017 um 15:17 schrieb Rob Tompkins <chtompki@gmail.com>:
>
> Hello all,
>
> We’ve started an experiment in [text] in regards to using travis-ci to build inside
containers (specifically ibmjava at this point). It seems that it’s a non-standard practice
with regards to travis-ci.

> I suppose my question is: is anyone familiar with using travis-ci and specifying custom
containers in which to run your build? Give the .travis.yml a look in commons-text (https://github.com/apache/commons-text/blob/master/.travis.yml)
and let me know what you think. Clearly we’re trying to use ibmjava to build the project,
but it’s definitely running that build on each of the 3 environments that we’re running
in and exits with a 0 from the docker run command regardless of if the build fails.

> Any thoughts?

I don’t think it is possible to implement this in a way that the ibm idk build serves as
a build environment the same why like the build in JDKs do.

Are there any plans by the travis team to make it possible to use ibm idk as build environment?
Maybe we can create a PR for that. That feels like a much cleaner solution.

Regards,
Benedikt