commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <brunodepau...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>
Subject Re: [FUNCTOR] Why do we have an API module?
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2017 09:23:43 GMT
No objection here too. I've been gathering some links about other libraries and extensions
to Java 8, to have a look at functor in the future and see if it would be interesting to have
something there, unless it made more sense to put it on lang.

The reason for the API module, if memory serves me well, was to provide a pre Java 8 implementation.
This way we would have

- api
- an implementation for Java 7
- an implementation Java 8 that used Lambdas

Though right now, with Java 9 around the corner, a single module, trying to provide useful
code that doesn't fit in lang would be better IMHO.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
Bruno
________________________________
From: Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org>
To: Commons Developers List <dev@commons.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, 16 June 2017 9:04 PM
Subject: [FUNCTOR] Why do we have an API module?

Hi,

I’m about to start work on functor. Looking at the project, I wonder why we have a separation
bewteen an API module and implementations. This feels like overkill to me for a project like
functor. Further more I don’t see other parties extending the stuff in the API module. If
nobody objects, I’d like to remove the multi-module build and move everything into a single
code base.

Regards,

Benedikt