commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PARENT][PROPOSAL] Add Automatic-Module-Name MANIFEST entry
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2017 11:48:30 GMT
Hi Rob,

> Am 05.06.2017 um 15:50 schrieb Rob Tompkins <chtompki@gmail.com>:
>

>> On Jun 5, 2017, at 4:34 AM, Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Am 03.06.2017 um 18:54 schrieb Rob Tompkins <chtompki@gmail.com <mailto:chtompki@gmail.com>>:
>>>
>>> This should be done now with the entries being “commons.module.name”
>>
>> I’d recommend using dashes in the second part of the name, since my understanding
of points is to declare name spaces. So I’d suggest to use commons.automatic-module-name
and not commons.automatic.module.name.

> I’m ok with re-namespacing. I’ll try to get to that after I push out the file upload
1.3.3 release.

Please make sure that this actually works and generates the desired MANIFEST entry. As I’ve
said in my comment to one of the commits, I don’t understand who this is supposed to work
without changing and releasing parent pom.

Cheers,
Benedikt

> -Rob
>

>> Benedikt
>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> -Rob

to every component pom’s properties section now, and then when the next parent migration
happens, the changes will express naturally. It might be worth adding a comment on the property
in each pom?

aren’t any objections between now and then.