commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject Re: [Crypto] GCM pull request
Date Wed, 17 May 2017 22:21:54 GMT
AES GCM Acceleration (Counter Intrinsic and Ghash Intrinsic) is in the SUN JCE Provider in
Java 9 and some  improvements in Java 8u50. An alternative would be NSS. However it is certainly
good to have a alternative high speed implementation.

http://bugs.java.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=8069072 Florians 8u60 optimization
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8177784 CTR Intrinsic 9
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8073108 GHASH Intrinsic 9

Gruss
Bernd
--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net
________________________________
From: Yaron Levy <yaronlev171@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2017 12:05:48 AM
To: dev@commons.apache.org
Subject: [Crypto] GCM pull request

Hi,I'm new to this group so I might not be doing this right.
I'm very interested in the GCM PR #60 for commons-crypto. It seems like it's the only way
to get hw-accelerated encryption for gcm in java (correct me if I'm wrong and you know a better
way).
What's the merge process? How does it get released?
Thanks,Yaron.