commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject [IMAGING] Why don't we just release it?
Date Wed, 17 May 2017 21:22:08 GMT
Hi,

Imaging's inception year is 2007. It has left the incubator around 2009. There hasn’t been
a release under the Apache Commons umbrella, for various reason. I think we gave the initial
contributors a hard time because we focused to much on code instead of community.
Imaging is out there. People are using it. I’ve seen project simply depending on a SNAPSHOT
version. This code is useful to a large group of people.
So I propose that we just release it.

WDYT?

Benedikt

P.S.: Please no „we need to fix this and that“ comments, if you’re not intending to
fix this stuff.