commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [LANG] Thoughts about Lang 4.0
Date Tue, 23 May 2017 09:13:21 GMT
On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 1:47 PM, Rob Tompkins <chtompki@gmail.com> wrote:

>> - commons-system: a library focused on working with system properties and detection
of the operation system, system’s architecture and Java version
>> - commons-concurrent: a library providing additional abstractions and implementations
for the java.util.concurrent package
>> - commons-reflect: a library which helps working with reflection (where is the line
to beanutils here?)
>> - commons-date: a library which helps working with the java.util.Date and java.util.Calendar
APIs

I am -0 to -1 regarding the introduction of new components. I'd rather
see us redefine the purpose of commons-lang. The experience of
commons-math has demonstrated, IMO, that such new components will most
likely increase the noise without an associated increase of the
output.

IMO, c-lang is running well, as it is.

Jochen