commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Tompkins <chtom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE][LAZY] Move commons-imaging to git
Date Wed, 24 May 2017 15:04:01 GMT

> On May 22, 2017, at 11:37 AM, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Le 22/05/2017 à 14:10, Rob Tompkins a écrit :
>
>> Having not gone through this process before, what must I do to accomplish the task.
My first thought is to open a jira with INFRA and go from there. But, I recall hearing from
folks that one must be a PMC member to accomplish this task, so I may need to ask for assistance.

> I'm in the process of migrating JEXL to Git too. I opened a JIRA ticket
> [1] but I was told that the migration is now self-serve [2]. I think
> I'll just clone the GitHub mirror, tweaks the tags to have nicer names
> (like "1.2.3" instead of "FOO_1_2_3"), and then push the result to the
> new repository.
>
> I'm hesitating to redo a svn conversion because at least one commit in
> the history still carries an ASF username instead of the full committer
> name.
>
> I've yet to see how the mail notifications are configured with the new
> migration system. Ideally the message title should be prefixed by the
> component's name.
>
> Emmanuel Bourg

> [2] https://reporeq.apache.org <https://reporeq.apache.org/>

I suppose I’ll need PMC member help here as well. Would someone be able to create a git
repo for commons-imaging? I have everything cloned properly from the git mirror as Emmanuel
suggested, so I’m ready to begin here. I just need the repo created.

Let me know if someone can get around to that. In the meanwhile I’ll see if I can figure
out that IBM issue on [lang] that fell out of the testing of 3.6-RC2.

-Rob