commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Tompkins <chtom...@gmail.com>
Subject [all] Deploying components
Date Sun, 28 May 2017 01:01:25 GMT
Hello all,

Benedikt and I were chatting last week about how the .tar and .zip distributions get uploaded
to nexus during "mvn deploy” and how annoying that side effect of the deployment happens
to be. Coincidentally, I just ran across a note that  Mladen Turk added at the end of the
commons-daemon release guide:

https://github.com/apache/commons-daemon/blob/trunk/HOWTO-RELEASE.txt#L41-L43 <https://github.com/apache/commons-daemon/blob/trunk/HOWTO-RELEASE.txt#L41-L43>

I’m thinking: (1) interesting note, knowing that the problem still exists, and (2) I wonder
if there would be community appetite for an attempt at adding better automation to the release
process. I’m betting that with a little effort we probably could improve the release experience
at least a little.

Cheers,
-Rob