commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject [all][osgi] how to deal with non-bundle dependencies?
Date Tue, 02 May 2017 07:30:14 GMT
Hi all

I must admit I've never been a fan of OSGi and likely don't know enough
about it.

Compress like many of the components around here is an OSGi bundle and I
recall I submitted a trivial patch to XZ for Java - our only dependency
as of now - to turn it into a bundle as well.

How does one deal with adding dependencies on jars that are not bundles?
Is it possible at all?

A quick search seems to imply we'd either have to bundle the dependency
jar with ours or turn it into a bundle ourselves (by wrapping it).

Stefan