commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject [JELLY] State of the project (Was: [VOTE][LAZY] Move Apache Commons Jelly to dormant)
Date Thu, 18 May 2017 14:46:54 GMT
Hi,

> Am 17.05.2017 um 19:38 schrieb Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>:
>
> I think that we could, as a community test of interest, say something like,
> if Oliver wants to push out what is in trunk in the next 30 days or so (or
> 60 or 90), we will help. I would help with odds and ends. Aside from that,
> if no one cares enough to "do", then let's hibernate it.

I’m currently having a look at the code base. There is a lot of work to do. I’m currently
trying to fix the build to republish the website. Here are the things I discovered:

- dependencies are out dated
- mixture of build files: build.xml, project.xml, maven.xml, pom.xml (can we drop all but
pom.xml?)
- missing maven plugin „maven-jellydoc-plugin“. It seems to be part of the code base,
but the build is not configured to generate it
- strange structure of the project with several source folders (src and jelly-tags)

But these are all things that can be fixed, given people find the time to work on this :-)

Regards,
Benedikt