commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE][LAZY] Move Apache Commons Jelly to dormant
Date Wed, 17 May 2017 20:37:00 GMT
Hey guys,

this is just the reaction I’m looking for. I think it is important to poke in the hole every
once in a while and see if anybody is still interested in a component. If you have intends
to work on Jelly, there is no reason to move it to dormant.

I’ll wait for the 72 hours to pass anyway to see whether there are even more people who
still need jelly.

Cheers,
Benedikt

> Am 17.05.2017 um 15:46 schrieb Bruno P. Kinoshita <kinow@apache.org>:
>
> Ditto for my -1. I've always wanted to move Jenkins fork patches back to Jelly, but last
time I worked on it Mavenizing the project and its components took too much time.
> Bruno
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>
>  On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 7:34, Oliver Heger<oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de> wrote:
  Hm,

> being a user of Jelly, I have the long-term goal to contribute to the
> project because I have indeed some itch to scratch, but unfortunately
> never got to it.
>
> So I am -1, but I cannot promise that I can work on Jelly in the near
> future.
>
> Oliver
>
> Am 17.05.2017 um 20:26 schrieb Benedikt Ritter:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think we should move Apache Commons Jelly to dormant for the following reasons:
>>
>> - Jelly hasn’t seen any activity in a while. There haven’t been any relevant
commits since 2010 (I didn’t search the history further than that…)
>> - The last release dates back to 2005.
>> - There is no activity in Jira or on our mailing lists.
>>
>> For this reason I’m calling a vote by lazy consensus for moving Apache Commons
Jelly to dormant. This vote will pass if nobody objects within the next 72 hours, e.g. after
20-May 2017 14:30 EDT (UTC-4).