commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [LANG] Thoughts about Lang 4.0
Date Tue, 23 May 2017 13:53:24 GMT
On Tue, 23 May 2017 15:33:39 +0200, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 12:19 PM, Gilles
> <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
>
>> Can you be explicit with what counts as "noise"?
>
> Lets start with the number of threads, shall we? Or the number of
> "What  depends on what" discussions? Or questions like "Which belongs
> to what?" (Feel free to suggest another measure.)

Everytime someone[1] complained about that, he got the same
answer: it's easy to filter out unwanted threads.

Aren't discussions supposed to happen here?

"Noise" seems relative; from my POV, the flood of automatic posts
(from git, GitHub, Jenkins, JIRA, Nexus) is much more annoying.

Regards,
Gilles

[1] Me too.