commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [Numbers] Angle class?
Date Fri, 12 May 2017 12:24:30 GMT
On Thu, 11 May 2017 22:39:16 +0200, Gilles wrote:
> On Fri, 12 May 2017 01:43:24 +0530, Amey Jadiye wrote:
>> Agreed with Raymond +1
>>
>> If we want to make things modular I would prefer core should have
>> very core
>> part of numbers in CN which were in Commons Math and already
>> separated in
>> from CM to CN, as Angle is the part of geometry  the package for it
>> should
>> be like.
>>
>> package some.pkg.geometry.core;
>>
>> IMHO PlaneAngle should be part of geometry.
>
> It is at the core of "geometry", but some basic functionalities can
> be seen as "number-like", and be useful without having to depend on
> a full-fledged geometry library.

That said, we can nevertheless consider whether "PlaneAngle" should
be defined in another module (rather than in "commons-numbers-core").

Do you think of other functionalities that would be grouped with
"PlaneAngle" within their own module?
[Perhaps that the potential of a future feature such as "SolidAngle"
is already worth creating a "commons-numbers-angle" module].

Regards,
Gilles