commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] Java 9 module names
Date Sat, 22 Apr 2017 16:38:06 GMT
Avoid references to auto modules. Here's the official advice:

   - Strongly advise developers never to publish, for broad use, explicit
     modules that require automatic modules.  That's risky: An automatic
     module is unreliable, since it can depend on types on the class path,
     and its name and exported packages could change if and when it's
     converted into an explicit module.  It's fine to declare and use
     explicit modules that require automatic modules in limited settings,
     but they should never be published to Maven Central or any similar
     public repository.

Robert