commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: [COMPRESS] zip-bomb prevention for Z?
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2017 15:38:11 GMT
>> If there is anything COMPRESS can do to detect and avoid the situation, then please
open an issue over here.

Done: COMPRESS-385, PR submitted

>> If we wanted to add such a method, what would the return value be? One of the String
constants contained inside the *Factory classes, likely. Tika would have to be prepared for
new strings popping up when using a newer version of Compress (1.14 will add "lz4-framed"
for example).

Y, I'm ok with a String...perhaps longer term or for 2.0, move to an enum?  Thank you for
the heads-up!

I opened COMPRESS-386 to discuss adding a threshold for the table size.

As always, thank you!

Cheers,

          Tim