commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [beanutils] Merge pull request sent via GitHub, but src in SVN
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2017 13:30:13 GMT
On 6 April 2017 at 13:16, Bruno P. Kinoshita
<brunodepaulak@yahoo.com.br.invalid> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We have a pending pull request for [beanutils] https://github.com/apache/commons-beanutils/pull/3
>
> As the component is still using Subversion, I am not able to use my normal workflow to
merge the pull request (i.e. clone the ASF upstream, checkout GitHub remote branch, merge,
push).

> What are the steps to merge a pull request sent via GitHub, for components using Subversion?
Should someone simply apply it manually (i.e. edit the code, or maybe generate a patch from
the git repository)?

It's trivial to change a PR into a patch; just append '.patch':

https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/apache/commons-beanutils/pull/3.patch

This can then be applied to SVN as normal.

> I believe the commit message must contain "This closes #123" as well, in order to close
the PR?

I think so.