commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: Convert RNG help wanted into generic request
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2017 11:48:07 GMT
Hi.

On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 10:24:10 +0000, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can we replace this task. We get so many references to it, and
> despite the fact we answered the offers for help there was never a
> result out of it.

I've pointed at that problem several months ago already.

> I am unsure why that is, and maybe we could improve
> our people skills, but it is rather obvious to me that this
> particular
> help request does not attract the right engagement

I guess that the "helpwanted" page makes it too easy to send out
an automatic mail to this list, even thought the OP is not subscribed;
in at least one occurrence, the OP acted as if we were spamming her!

Is there another "helpwanted" request that redirects here?
If not, no surprise that it happens only through the one I created...

> (besides the
> wording is outdated)

Quite true but the problem existed before the wording got outdated.

> We could replace it for a more generic Apache Commons Feedback wanted
> task: if you use a Apache Commons components share your experience,
> problems and Feedback on the User List.  - or similar?

Fine: Please change as you see fit. :-)

Best regards,
Gilles