commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject [CONFIGURATION] Changing method parameter to base class type
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2017 21:32:54 GMT
Hi,

in CONFIGURATION-653 [1] it is proposed to change the type of some
method parameters of utility methods from Configuration to the base type
ImmutableConfiguration. This makes those methods broader in scope.

I would expect that this is a change which should not affect client
code. Nevertheless, clirr reports errors in these cases. I could imagine
that there was a risk to break clients that override one of these
methods. But they are static, so this should not be an issue.

Do I miss something?
Oliver

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONFIGURATION-653