commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [lang][crypto] LANG-1145 evaluate JVM architecture
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 08:09:40 GMT
Hi,

> Am 07.03.2017 um 22:17 schrieb Bruno P. Kinoshita <brunodepaulak@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> We have a pull request [1][2] for adding code that detects the JVM architecture. The
user has a valid use case for his code, and we have similar code in Apache Spark [3] and Apache
Commons Crypto [4].

> As this is going into [lang], another Commons component, I thought maybe there could
be some synergy between Crypto and Lang? I believe crypto has no dependencies right now, but
maybe it would be worth adding a dep + shade, so that we have a single place to maintain this
list of OS architectures.

> Thoughts?

For a component like crypto, I’d go with sharding.

Since there are several other projects who need this code, maybe it’s worth to create a
new component for that? Commons OS or Commons HostDetection or something like that?

Benedikt