commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Scala at Commons
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2017 20:36:03 GMT
As we already host some C-code in Commons, I see no reason to reject
Scala or other JVM languages.

I have done some experiments with Scala myself and am very impressed by
this language. I might even have a small library which could become a
component.

One question: Which build tool would we use? I used to have some trouble
with Maven and IDE integration (but this was some time ago); with sbt I
have better experience, but this tool is complex and I don't know how it
can be used for site generation.

Oliver

Am 12.02.2017 um 16:52 schrieb Benedikt Ritter:
> Hello,
>
> Commons mission has always been to provide a home for common _Java_ libraries. Since
my personal and professional interests are slowly shifting from Java towards Scala, I’m
looking for ways to contribute to Open Source with Scala. For this reason I’d like to discuss
whether Commons could be a home for common Scala libraries as well. For example I’m thinking
about wrapper libraries which add Scala sugar to the existing libraries. Furthermore there
are some Scala projects out there at the ASF (Kafka, Spark) which my be interested in sharing
code via Commons.