commons-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Ch <gchau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DAEMON] Feedback on my improvements and new features
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2017 17:44:51 GMT
Thank you for your quick response,

> The foundation doesn't have a vision for Daemon. The direction of the
> project is set from the ground up by the community using and developing the
> software rather than from the top down. Project direction is agreed by
> consensus.
> You are proposing a number of potentially significant changes. Some of
> those changes would introduce backwards incompatibilities and require a new
> major release. Others may require a new minor release.

Ok, In my mind all proposal changes targets a 2.0 version to prevent any
backwards incompatibilities with the current 1.0 version.
In summary, I should create ticket per proposals in the Daemon JIRA  and
try to affect them to appropriate version, correct ?

Start a discussion (one at a time) on the proposed new features. Some will
> be accepted as is, some will be accepted with modifications and some the
> community will reject.

Did the discussion about a new feature/change will be done on the
mailinglist or on the associated JIRA ticket ?

Regards,