commons-dev mailing list archives

From Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Scala at Commons
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2017 15:52:58 GMT
Hello,

Commons mission has always been to provide a home for common _Java_ libraries. Since my personal
and professional interests are slowly shifting from Java towards Scala, I’m looking for
ways to contribute to Open Source with Scala. For this reason I’d like to discuss whether
Commons could be a home for common Scala libraries as well. For example I’m thinking about
wrapper libraries which add Scala sugar to the existing libraries. Furthermore there are some
Scala projects out there at the ASF (Kafka, Spark) which my be interested in sharing code
via Commons.

Regards,
Benedikt