commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <brunodepau...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Scala at Commons
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2017 20:29:08 GMT
+1

Started learning Scala some time ago, but there is still a lot to learn. So definitely willing
to help with small issues in Scala projects at  Commons.

Cheers
Bruno

----- Original Message -----
From: Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org>
To: Commons Developers List <dev@commons.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, 13 February 2017 4:52 AM
Subject: [DISCUSS] Scala at Commons

Hello,

Commons mission has always been to provide a home for common _Java_ libraries. Since my personal
and professional interests are slowly shifting from Java towards Scala, I’m looking for
ways to contribute to Open Source with Scala. For this reason I’d like to discuss whether
Commons could be a home for common Scala libraries as well. For example I’m thinking about
wrapper libraries which add Scala sugar to the existing libraries. Furthermore there are some
Scala projects out there at the ASF (Kafka, Spark) which my be interested in sharing code
via Commons.

Regards,
Benedikt