commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Best Home for Checksum Implementations?
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2017 10:35:37 GMT
Le 24/01/2017 à 10:08, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :

> I was wondering whether these implementations would belong in one of the
> other components (as well as - rather than instead of - compress) but
> I'm not sure where it would fit.

What about a dedicated component for checksum implementations? It could
also take over the digest package of [codec] which looks a bit misplaced
(codec is more about bijective coding/decoding than one-way hashing).

As for the name, either:
- commons-checksum
- commons-hashing
- commons-digest (but could be confused with digester)

Emmanuel Bourg