commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject [Text] Consider making the project "multimodule"
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 13:46:25 GMT
Hi.

I think that it would be worth modularizing the [Text] component.
I only had quick glances, but it seems that some codes are more
generic than others (that e.g. focused on HTML entities).

The scope of [Text] could obviously encompass functionality for
which there isn't any code yet. An example is currently the subject
of a thread with subject:
  [Numbers] Parsing and formatting classes

Hence, I think that it would make sense that [Text] is prepared
to provide new utilities that handle domains not initially foreseen,
while mitigating the risk of becoming a huge monolithic component.

Thanks,
Gilles