commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Best Home for Checksum Implementations?
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2017 04:55:48 GMT
On 2017-01-24, Gary Gregory wrote:

> Commons Codec already has:

> org.apache.commons.codec.digest.PureJavaCrc32
> org.apache.commons.codec.digest.PureJavaCrc32C

> This is in SVN slated for 1.11.

Oh, didn't see that as I only looked at the released javadocs.

PureJavaCrc32C likely has the same roots as the in in [compress].

To me the digest package doesn't really fit but I've never been involved
with [codec] before.

XXHash32 is ready in [compress] but I'd like to do some benchmarking to
see whether my usage if ByteBuffer is good enough our whether I should
do the byte[] -> int conversions manually.

I can add it to codec once done.

Stefan