commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Tompkins <chtom...@gmail.com>
Subject [text][lang] Changing moved APIs from lang into text?
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2017 14:45:48 GMT
Hello all,

It’s been pointed out that there are some APIs that came over from [lang] that seem odd.
Namely, we have, in “EntityArrays.java”, some essentially factory methods that are named
as if they are a constant, all uppercase with underscores. The question is do we change the
API now? It seems to me that the two options are:

(1) fix the APIs now for 1.0, or
(2) leave the APIs just as they are in [lang] for the sake of making migration clearer, and
then correcting them in 2.0.

I think I lean towards (2), but I don’t know what precedent form the past is here. I would
guess we would want to continue with whatever we have done before.

Cheers,
-Rob