commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [complex] Make multi-module and rename component?
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2017 11:46:46 GMT
On Mon, 9 Jan 2017 09:08:18 +0100, Eric Barnhill wrote:
> It is overall a fine plan by me. A precision class makes more sense
> than
> duplicating equals methods.
>
> From a practical standpoint I think it would be better to see
> Quaternion in
> its own subpackage than with Complex. Simply because I don't use them
> and
> packages are better maintained by those who use them.
>
> It is hard to see how the transforms fit in. If anything they belong
> with
> the new sigproc libraries.

Fine.

Is there any objection on the name "Commons Numbers"?
Are there better matches for the intended scope? [Or do we want that
the scope grows to also contain the "o.a.c.math4.prime" package" and
possibly more of number-theoretic functionality (as was proposed some
time ago to be added to Commons Math)?]

Shall I wait a couple of days before filing the request with INFRA?
[I.e. to change the "git" repository, JIRA project and github mirror.]

Gilles