commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [ALL] Why is the component's web site part of the release vote?
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2016 13:56:06 GMT
Typically the site is voted on during the release when it is built by Maven. This is because
it will put the version on the site and if it isn’t the release it will have SNAPSHOT in
the version, which means you are documenting stuff publicly that isn’t really available
yet.  There are ways around this though.  Note that this has absolutely nothing to do with
ASF policy.

Ralph