commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ALL] Why is the component's web site part of the release vote?
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2016 11:33:43 GMT
On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 9:33 AM, Gilles <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:

> I've just noticed a small problem in the (staged) web site
> submitted for the release of Commons RNG v1.0:
>   http://home.apache.org/~erans/commons-rng-1.0-RC6-site/rat-report.html
>
> Since this must be fixed in the regenerated site will
> not reflect the released version number, why do we
> actually have to vote on the site?

In my opinion: We do not vote on the site. Which is why deficiencies
in the proposed site aren't blocking a release.

That being said:

a) The proposed site may be helpful for the release vote, if for no
other reasons than the
     RAT report.

b) The proposal leads to people verifying the site, which they usually
wouldn't do.

Jochen