commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ALL] Why is the component's web site part of the release vote?
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2016 09:33:40 GMT
On 2016-12-08, Gilles wrote:

> Hi.

> I've just noticed a small problem in the (staged) web site
> submitted for the release of Commons RNG v1.0:
>   http://home.apache.org/~erans/commons-rng-1.0-RC6-site/rat-report.html

> Since this must be fixed in the regenerated site will
> not reflect the released version number, why do we
> actually have to vote on the site?

IMHO we don't really vote on the site. For all the COMPRESS releases
I've always said "this is not the site I'm going to publish when the
release is final" and it's been fine. We can publish the site
independently of releases and maybe don't do that often enough.

The site is part of the vote template as it provides access to a couple
of reports that may be interesting to people voting. A RAT report that
shows a violation is a reason to vote with -1. But that doesn't mean we
are voting on the site.

Stefan