commons-dev mailing list archives

From Duncan Jones <dun...@wortharead.com>
Subject [TEXT] Support for generating random strings?
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2016 13:13:47 GMT
Hi,

A recent discussion on LANG/RNG[1] seems to have concluded that RandomStringUtils doesn’t
belong in LANG and almost certainly not in RNG either.

Would there be any interest in creating a similar class within TEXT? I’d be happy to work
on this and produce a first draft class.

To give a flavour of what I’m proposing, please see the linked mail threads and also the
gist at https://gist.github.com/dmjones500/da2f61a0234f428748417bf1443c0dff. Some of the predicate
stuff I’ve proposed may have wider uses within TEXT and could warrant breaking out into
its own class.

Thanks,
Duncan

[1] http://markmail.org/message/buhfuzb2tsc6k2z6