commons-dev mailing list archives

From Duncan Jones <dun...@wortharead.com>
Subject [TEXT] Items to port from Lang
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2016 08:17:02 GMT
Hi,

Looking through Lang, I don’t see too much that needs to come across to Text.

 - The string distance algorithms have already moved and can be deprecated in StringUtils,
once 1.0 is released
 - The remainder of StringUtils doesn’t feel like it belongs in Text
 - RandomStringUtils has been ported / re-built; we can deprecate some or all of the class
when 1.0 is released
 - WordUtils: I think most of this could come to Text, but preferably refactored into several
classes to avoid a big list of static methods

What do you think? I’m happy to take a first effort at porting/rebuilding WordUtils.

Duncan