commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [RNG] Build succeeds locally but fails on Travis-CI
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2016 01:00:40 GMT
Hi Gary,

Gary Gregory wrote:

> Why not put all this stuff in your parent POM?

Parent project is the last to build. IMHO we need an own independent
component for that. IIRC, those resources are not really commons-rng
specific and might be useful for other commons components also. We already
have build related components in commons (proper) and we always used lazy
consensus for a release of those (commons-parent, commons-build-plugin,
commons-skin, ...). commons-build seems abandonned anyway, as it is still a
Maven 1 project. Why not simply replace that one?

Cheers,
Jörg