commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [ALL] How to "deploy" selectively (multi-module project)?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 17:34:54 GMT
On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 16:38:50 +0000, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:
> I guess it's only relevant if you were to build a sub-module
> independently from the source archive - if it is not deployed then
> you
> would have to build commons-rng-build-tools locally first.

This is easily done anyway, with "mvn install".

> Normally as
> the rest of the module is deployed to Central it would work fine to
> compile just a submodule.
>
> I don't see a problem with commons-rng-build-tools being deployed

But why deploy this "module" if we can avoid it?

It contains configuration files that only impact the web site
generation (reports), so that changing the web site would entail
changing the version of that module... :-(

> as
> long as we don't document it - we don't need to support API
> compatibility here.  If you want to make sure, perhaps they could be
> made a test jar?

IIUC, Artem made this module to simplify the other modules' POM.
If in exchange, we have to create an additional JAR, it rather
complicates the build (if just by the questions being raised).

Regards,
Gilles