commons-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Ch <gchau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [daemon] Improvements
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2016 16:38:27 GMT

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure I get the big picture here of changes like this one... Since
> Microsoft has a free tools [1] and this code targets the Microsoft
> environment, it seems like jumping through more hoops to "de-Microsoft" the
> code, don't you think?

In fact this is much more the usage of a non C standard compliance syntaxes
[1].
My remark about MSVC __try/__finally is also applicable for any non C
standardized syntaxes.

> On the flip side, this component has not seen a release in a long time and
> could use some attention, so I am grateful you are spending time on it. But
> there are JIRA issues to address that are non-cosmetic.

I  agree about priority tickets must be processed before my proposal.
If you are interested, I can spend some time to solve some tickets ?

Guillaume

[1] I'm for strictly applying language standard, and avoid any kind of
dialects.