commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to publish multi-module site..?
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2016 11:32:55 GMT
On 16 November 2016 at 11:26, Stian Soiland-Reyes <stain@apache.org> wrote:
> But I could not get it to publish the submodule sites correctly.
> mvn clean package site-deploy
>
>   overwrites the main site with the last module's site instead! (Do not use!)

https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/examples/multimodule.html
mentions

> If subprojects inherit the (distribution) site URL from a parent POM, they will automatically
append their artifactId to form their effective deployment location. This goes for both the
project url and the url defined in the <distributionManagement>element of the pom.

> If your multi-module tree does not follow the Maven conventions, or if module directories
are named differently than module artifacts, you have to specify the url's for each child
project. See also How does the Site Plugin use the <url> element in the POM?.

This is the case for Commons RDF, as it has sub-modules like
commons-rdf-api, which (for some reason) is in a subfolder named api/
-- perhaps renaming them to match the artifactId is sufficient?

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718