commons-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Barnhill <ericbarnh...@gmail.com>
Subject [complex][math-util] dependencies
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2016 13:19:54 GMT
I thought it would be good to raise a structural question here rather than
in the commons-complex JIRA.

The Complex library has multiple dependencies on three packages:

-- commons-math base classes (e.g. Field et al.)
-- commons-math exceptions
-- commons-math util (numerous classes)

Otherwise it is self-contained. (Some tests within the  QuaternionTest
class use a large chain of dependencies from the geometry package, so I
think it is best to simply remove the geometry-dependent tests until
someone arrives to maintain that library.)

This suggests to me that, if we were to continue with some kind of
math-utils base class, it should consist of these three current packages:
the base classes, util and exception. It might in fact make sense to spin
out this base library first (which I am happy to oversee) then return to
finishing out the independent complex library with only commons-math-util
as dependency. Would this also be compatible with the current trajectory of
RNG?

Eric