commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <brunodepau...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>
Subject [TEXT] Add a duration parser, using donated code from gunip
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 09:23:56 GMT
Hi all,

This is regarding TEXT-25 [1], for adding a Duration Parser to [text].

Gunip is a "Generic UNIt Parser" by Jean Champémont (CC'ed). It provides a parser capable
of interpreting
text such as

  2 hours, 1 mn and 22sec

And get the value in base unit, such as seconds

  2 * 60 * 60 + 1 * 60 + 22 = 7282 seconds

I've talked to Jean off-list, and he agreed to donate the code. It has no dependencies, is
a original
code, and licensed under the Apache License. I also asked him - if possible - to reply here
or in
JIRA confirming it's OK to donate the code.

I believe we don't need to check with legal for this kind of code donation, nor any kind of
CLA. Is that correct?

Thanks
Bruno

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEXT-25