commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Tompkins <chtom...@gmail.com>
Subject [text] Text-27 Moving StringEscapeUtils into text
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2016 14:41:50 GMT
I’ve got a couple of questions here.

(1) We’ve established that text can depend upon lang so, I’m going to leave references
to “StringUtils” in text.
(2) The unit test for StringEscapeUtils uses io. Do we want to declare io as a test dependency
or not? If not, then I’ll work around that need, as it seems to only be in a single location.
It feels like moving the file reader toString should probably come over as its a single usage
currently. If we find we want more usages of io, then I’ll declare that and retrofit the
tests with the old io usage.

Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers,
-Rob